These resources (updated continuously) are a combination of OUR favorites and those listed by Foundations, Inc. a major supporter of afterschool learning. For LOCAL (such as Knock, Knock Children's Museum or EBRP Library) and other National Partner resources, such as STEM@Home hosted by STEM Ecosystems, look to the left of this page under navigation bar.
- Suggestions for list? Submit to KFossey@gmail.com!
East Baton Rouge Schools Sample Schedule and Resources
- Messy Little Monster: Art Activities for young children
- Hannah Gumbo - Illustrator from Lafayette shares resources to "STAY CALM, but artistically busy" - Let's DRAW! Join her mailing list.
- Crayola Ed - Great multi-subject art projects
- MakerEd: Weekly design challenges!
- Maker Camp for Families: Great projects
- ReadWorks.org: Free reading comprehension tools for both parents and teachers. Features very cool subject-specific reading sources for every age.
- Story-timeFromSpace.org: Astronauts doing read-alouds from SPACE!
- SeussVille: Dr Suess reading and activities
- Hour of Code: Free easy, breezing coding activities
Wonderopolis and Wonders with Charlie
- Switch Zoo: Puzzles and building animal biomes
- Cincinnati Zoo
- Science Buddies: Great activities with everyday materials
- Explore Engineering: Kids/youth can explore activities by STEM industry
- Mystery Science: Great activities and investigations
- The Kids Should See This: Smart videos for curious minds
- Exploratorium: Tinkering with things around your house
- Louisiana 4-H: I am loving the fact that LSU AgCenter is posting activities everyday on Facebook
- Great Minds: Eureka Math exercises free.
- Young Chefs' Club: Go cook something
- BOKS Kids - at-home physical activity curriculum Also live workouts each weekday at 12 pm ET on Facebook!
- Go Noodle: Activities for getting mobile
- ShapeAmerica: Great ideas for activities for at-home fitness (Society for Health and Physical Educators)
- National Geographic Kids
- New American History Online
- New York Times Learning Network: Current events and learning from news sit
Home Learning Resource Center (Blocks Rock): Tons of activities playing with blocks
Kahn Academy: Full-daily schedules for fun learning
- PBS Kids: Sign up for a daily emails with activities
- Scholastic Learn from Home: Variety of activites for all ages
VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS